Paid Social Media Advertising
Knowing this about Social media will BLOW your MIND!!
(As mentioned from Search Engine Journal https://www.searchenginejournal.com/social-media-facts/258533/#close)
Social Media Usage Stats
- We like to share the love. The average internet user has 7.6 social media accounts.
- Between Q2 and Q3 of 2017, the number of social media users skyrocketed by 121 million.
- Mature users aged 55-64 are more than twice as likely to interact with branded content than their younger social media consuming counterparts.
- Followers aren’t the only ones talking. 96 percent of social media users that talk about a brand online, don’t even follow the brand’s profile.
- Today, more than 3.2 billion images will be shared on social media posts.
- 49 percent of social media users share product information with the hopes of improving the lives of others.
- We spend a lifetime average of 5 years and 3 months on social media.
- Facebook will lose 2 million users under the age of 25 this year.
- Think the United States has the highest number of Facebook users? Nope! India beats them out by about 30 million lovers of Facebook. Indonesia and Brazil are in tight competition for a third place.
- 8 billion videos are viewed daily on Facebook.
- 5 million Facebook accounts belong to rule-breakers under the age of 10.
- But, don’t worry. Moms are keeping an eye on them, and they’re also the biggest brand boosters on Facebook, with 58 percent of them following their favorite brands.
- Humor wins. Men and women are equally likely to share funny videos or articles and news content on Facebook.
- Who has the highest number of followers on Instagram? Talk about self-love – Instagram itself is the winner with over 233 million followers.
- 80 percent of Instagram users follow at least one business profile; and 200 million of those users are consistently checking in to see what their favorite brands are up to.
- Instagram stories are 2 times more popular than Snapchat.
- Top brands love Instagram, which is demonstrated by the 85 percent of them that hang out on the network.
- More video is uploaded to YouTube every month than the major broadcasting networks.
- YouTube is the second largest search engine, taking second to Google with 3 billion searches a month.
- The average YouTube session is 40 minutes.
- YouTube claims ownership of more than half of the time people spend watching video. This includes the entire internet and television.
- There’s a lot of empty space on Twitter. Although there are 1.3 billion Twitter accounts, only about a quarter of them – 336 million – are active every month.
- 3 years, 2 months and 1 day – this is how long it took to go from the first tweet to the billionth. Now we’re tweeting 200 billion times per year.
- You better be on your toes. 53 percent of Twitter users expect a response from a business in less than an hour. But, if they’re upset or have a problem, that number rises to 72 percent.
- 80 percent of Twitter users access the network from their smartphone.
- Is Pinterest an effective social platform for conveying the message and value of your brand? Women think so, with 81 percent of them trusting Pinterest as a source of reliable news and information.
- Consumers that land on your site through Pinterest are 10 times more likely to complete a purchase than visitors that have come through other referrals.
- They also spend more, with an average spend of $140-$180 compared to those coming from Facebook that spend an average of $60-$80.
Social Media Marketing Stats
- 5 million brands are advertising on Facebook.
- Social media’s worldwide ad spend was $35 billion in 2017, accounting for 16 percent of all digital ads.
Well.. The above research results from Search Engine Journal basically sums up all. That is only the beginning of what we should know about Social Medias and what they are cable of.
Creative Digital Engine
We at Creative Digital Engine are a Digital Advertising Company dedicated to helping you maximize your brand’s potential to reach your target market with cost-effective Digital Advertising Campaigns in Penang, Malaysia.